Summer is a great time to remind each other that what you're doing matters. You are a part of a vision that was established to change the world that we live in. You are impacting lives and making a difference. You have been given the responsibility of continuing the good work of your mission. Don’t let summer slow you down, continue to educate yourself with tools that will make you better at what you do. Continue to deliver the message of positive hope and direction to your team. Use this summer to continue reaching out to donors, building relationships and dreaming.
These 5 summer rules for finding more major gifts will help you continue on a successful path:
- Expand the base of generous, annual fund donors. Focus on generating more annual fund donors that are able to give $1,000 or more. As you spend time cultivating a relationship with these donors you will find they are capable and willing to give in addition to their annual donation for special purposes.
- Involve more volunteers. Identify meaningful ways to involve board members, donors, prospects and other capable individuals with your ministry. Let them serve on committees, bring them in to sign letters, ask for their help hosting and running events, etc. The more ownership people have in your organization, the more ownership they will take in its success.
- Identify compelling, funding opportunities. Develop an extensive and attractive list of funding ideas you can share with would-be donors. Lists can generate excitement because tangible needs can be met immediately, allowing everyone to feel a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.
- Recognize existing donors in public ways. Write feature stories on existing donors and their gifts. Recognize them at events, remembering that real lives and real stories are the most compelling way to plant seeds in the minds of other would-be donors.
- Keep your eyes on the prize. Don’t get stuck choosing the less important, and often time-consuming, tasks like meetings, reports, internal projects. Keep prioritizing your contacts and every week make sure you’re contacting major gift prospects.
Let's talk about how we can help you find more major donors for your ministry this summer. Just let us know you'd like to talk >>