COPPELL, TEXAS—Christian listener-supported radio stations now have another week to join The Listener Supported Radio Development Outlook study. With a new final survey deadline of Friday, February 7, station leaders may contribute their observations and analytics and be eligible to receive the free Christian Listener Supported Radio Development Outlook report.
“Response for the survey has been stronger and greater than we originally expected. Over 120 originating radio stations—representing almost 1,000 total broadcast facilities—already responded to the survey,” said Paul Martin, President of Advocace. Advocace is preparing the study in conjunction with Christian Music Broadcasters (CMB).
Michelle Younkman, Executive Director of CMB observed, “So many stations have been completing their calendar year-end information and they needed just one more week to join the study. I’m thankful CMB and Advocace discovered a way to allow one more week for stations to contribute and qualify for this vital study.”
Martin noted, “When we have more stations in a study like this, everyone wins: more stations receive the free report and the report is more accurate.”
The Christian Listener-Supported Radio Development Outlook 2014 will help radio leaders see the results of innovations in income development. The Outlook seeks Christian radio stations of all formats and sizes to be a part of this far-ranging study. To participate in the study, Christian-formatted, listener-supported stations may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first of its kind study will answer industry questions, including:
- What sources of income are growing in emphasis and what sources are decreasing in emphasis among stations of similar income, similar audience reach and similar format?
- What is a reasonable pledge fulfillment rate?
- What is an industry standard revenue per listener?
- Which donor payment method (pledges, on-line donations, monthly automated) is increasing income for listener-supported radio?
- How do sources of income differ between listener-supported non-commercial and listener-supported commercial stations?
- What is an approximation of donors as a percentage of weekly audience by station income, by audience size and by format?
- How do station leaders anticipate fundraising changes in 2014?
- What expected revenue per employee is appropriate for today’s listener-supported radio station?
The Christian Listener-Supported Radio Income Outlook 2014 will ask radio leaders for their opinions and station statistics in separate questionnaires. The two stages of the study will cover leadership perceptions and donation analysis.
Scheduled for spring 2014 release, all Christian Music Broadcasters members will receive an executive summary of the study at no cost. All participants in the study will receive a free copy of the complete study including executive summary, annotated report, tabulation and cross-tabs.
Advocace is a development and management consulting firm that helps Christian ministries and non-profit organizations increase income, influence and effectiveness. Advocace develops customized solutions to grow donor income through annual fund campaigns, major gifts programs and capital campaigns. Advocace’s management consulting practice helps grow ministries with strategic planning, leadership coaching and training. More information about Advocace is available at www.advocace.com.
About Christian Music Broadcasters
Christian Music Broadcasters is the professional association that encourages, engages and equips professionals serving in Christina music broadcasting for Christ-centered excellence and influence. More information about Christian Music Broadcasters is available at www.cmbonline.org.